Progress

Another week gone by very quick again, this week has been mostly consumed by by walking, have marched my way through around 39 miles in the 5 days that i headed out, so far, and intend another 6 miles out to visit my parents later today, is such a fantastic feeling to be able to walk such distances, i find it amazing how my body has recovered from the past decade of outright abuse i inflicted upon it.
I lost another 3lbs last week, so that is 33lbs in total and i am already over the 10% mark which means i have lost 10% of my entire body weight in a little over two months, which i am obviously delighted with.
On Monday this week, i met my mate Chris after a ten mile march, we had coffee, and then decided it was such a nice day we would find a beer garden and have a pint, is always a pleasure to meet Chris, he is always so positive, and full of ideas, i find spending time with him always leaves me motivated, so much so was this true on Monday that i decided to walk out to my parents, which took my total miles covered on Monday to 14!!
Tuesday was slightly less active but i still covered 5 miles, and 11000 steps, not quite the 37,000 from the day before but still bloody good.
Wednesday i met a couple of friends who were also down in Ayr for a few days, John and Kat they are also wonderful friends and i had a great time walking along the beach with them both John with his chip roll in hand :~) And went a little further than normal, made it too the 7 mile mark roughly.
Repeated that walk on Thursday and Friday, Fri was the day i reached 100 pictures published on my Blipfoto journal, and although i did not get the shot i had intended, it was still well received and i got some lovely congratulatory comments.
Sat was my day of rest, and i forced myself to do very little is funny how quickly things change, not too long ago i was 'forcing' myself to get out, and now i have to force myself to stay in and rest :) although i stayed in to rest, i wasn't idle, i started writing with a view of putting a book together, it has been suggested to me a good few times and i think it is a good idea although i am unsure of where to go for help, with my limited knowledge of putting a book together, if anyone would like to read what i have written so far please let me know in comments.
I did receive some sad news this week, my gran is very ill, she has suffered from dementia for a good number of years, and is finally on the road out i think. I have said my goodbye's to my gran a while ago, as the woman left is such a different person, she does not know me, or enjoy me being around her as she is not so fond of men anymore, it is too painful to spend time when neither of us want me there, soo i shan't be visiting her in hospital, as i would rather keep the fantastic memories of my gran that i love, and not the frail old woman who is left, and i believe she would want the same.
Sad news aside it has been an awesome week and I'm looking forward to enjoying the next.

0 comments: