Shrinking ???

So Tuesday past i joined weight watchers, took a fair amount of courage going in as i was on my own, as I'm not so good at dealing with situations which involve strangers or strange surroundings, and this featured both of these elements. Was fine though. I was the only male there but that wasn't an issue as the women were welcoming and friendly was a very positive experience.
That day i walked probably around 6 or 7 miles and the next two days were the same then i guess my exertions caught up with me as the past two days have been very lazy as i was so tired only managing very short walks, but today i went out to visit my parents, took my dog as they are looking after her for the next two nights as for a change i actually have plans! Whilst i was there my brother brought down wrist weights for me too use whilst walking and asked if i wanted a couple of plastic moulded weights he doesn't use anymore, i said yes please.
So i decided to walk home from Kincaidston, and was sure i could manage with the wrist weights on (only 2lbs each) and the two dumbbells in my backpack roughly 3 kg each, now that's not a lot of weight but when u consider i already carry around over 8 stones of extra padding around with me it all adds up..... adds up to one incredibly shattered 29 year old who is now thinking it was a not so good idea! But i did manage the 4.6 miles home so quite pleased with myself :)
So my plans for the next two days, an early train to Ardrossan tomorrow morning to catch the ferry to Arran for a day out with my sister, brother, and dad. Which will be loads of fun especially as it is forecast for another lovely day.
Then Tuesday is my next weigh in with weight watchers at 9am and then I'm off up to Glasgow to meet Lindy for a coffee and a hypnotherapy session which will be great :)
All of this is happening to someone who less than 3 yrs ago would barely leave his flat, and would not go anywhere on his own.
It's fab!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. A very big well done Andy, you are doing so well. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody Hell! thats some blog,can you have a quick look in the mirror and check that its you you're writing about.
    In all seriousness well done you,you daft bugger carrying all that extra weight all that way,lol.
    I bet you feel less guilty about piggin out on Hula-Hoops last night!

    ReplyDelete