Another Day

So today was the day my door was supposed to be getting fixed. No joy there yet again, disappointingly the part needed is going to take two day's to arrive, so another two day's of feeling ill at at ease and incredibly bored due to the forced confinement but hey!
So I've been being pro-active and searching the net for housing advice, as i want to move on from this place, it's served me well but I'm not happy with the recent treatment from the landlady.
It seems though that to get any chance of a council property i need to make myself homeless, which is not an appealing thought as I'd have to accept the first property they offer me which could be anywhere. There seems to be plenty of provisions for drug addicts and alcoholics, but not a lot of options for people with mental health problems. If i was to be given a property in a rough/noisy/troublesome area then it really could affect my illness as it did when i had some not so nice neighbours living above me a few years ago, almost was forced into being a witness in a domestic abuse case, which was a very stressful time for me. The wife would have had my sympathy if she hadn't burst her husbands nose open the night before with a frying pan (such a cliche).
Anyway that kind of thing is why i wont be making myself homeless unless there's some sort of provision for people who need secure and stable accomodation, cant risk living beside a drug dealer/user. Seems to be a gap in the support system there.
Anyway dog is looking hungrily at me better go.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making me laugh with 'Frying Pan' incident.! read half a dozen blogs,some sad,some depressing.Its always a pleasure to read your ramblings although not always jolly you have the knack of seeing some humour in most situations.

    ReplyDelete