Travels

Been a few weeks since i last posted anything, has been pretty hectic, some highs and lows, fortunately more highs.
My Gran passed three weeks ago, she went peacefully with her daughters by her bedside. Her Funeral was the following week and was a fitting tribute to a wonderful lady, i'd like to think she would have approved.
I got through it and the gathering afterwards no problem at all, and it felt really good to be able to offer support to my loved ones instead of being the one who needed it.
The following Monday was my re-arranged trip to England to visit my friends, i never slept very much the night before my journey due to anxiety and excitement but i had expected not too, so that was not a problem, the journey down wasn't the nicest six hours i have spent, cramped in a sweltering hot coach, but i got there and was warmly greeted by Nikki and she led the way to the train station, and her partner John met us at the other end to take me back to there home where i was going to be staying for the next week.
Looking back i am so pleased with myself for doing this even as little as six months ago there is no way i would have contemplated such a journey, and i never even thought about it just did it.
Nikki and John have a lovely home, in a stunningly beautiful area, and were the perfect hosts made me feel very welcome and at ease. I was unsure how easily i would fit in having only spent a few days in there company before but it was wonderful we got on very well, and they are a lot of fun to be with.
We travelled a lot during the week to various places, Bridgenorth, Stratford upon Avon, Warwick Castle, Much Wenlock, and Wales. All places were well chose as they all were beautifully scenic, plenty to see and do. All in all my first holiday in a long time was a total success and i cant wait to visit again, the journey home was much  more pleasant the coach was cooler and i managed to doze away most of the trip, but to be honest if i could have i would have chosen to stay on for  little longer.
After a fantastic week i was hoping my motivation and get up and go would have returned, unfortunately it has not, i am struggling to get out my daily walk and my appetite is for all the wrong things. I skipped weight watchers this week and although i am determined to go next Tuesday at the moment i don't want to, it is as if my sub conscious is playing with me again and turning me away from the things i know are good for me. Is strange to say the least, i haven't been taking photo's since i returned and i therefore have been lapsed on keeping my photo journal up to date, i have stopped jogging (although this may be a good move due to sore hip) i have not been walking enough and eating all the wrong things. It is internal sabotage :)
Nikki has agreed to nag me and to keep reminding me and hopefully this phase will pass but it is not new too me and has caught me in the past dragging me down and leaving me in a dark place. I am stronger now than i have ever been and for the first time in a long time i can honestly say i like myself, so this time i wont let old habits win i shall keep on with what in know is good for me until i enjoy it again.
Whilst i was away my Uncle passed away, he was a good age and would not of gotten out of hospital after a bad fall, so was a blessing. He was a lovely man and a great character, it is his funeral on Friday, and hopefully this will be the last of them for the next wee while.

0 comments: